Loudon County Commission
August 03, 2009 (Monday)6:00 P.M.
Courthouse Annex, Loudon
1. Opening of Meeting, Pledge of Allegiance, Invocation
3. Adoption of Agenda – August 3, 2009
4. Reading and acceptance of June 1, 2009 minutes
5. Reading and acceptance of Special Called Meeting of June 29, 2009 minutes
6. This is the time for any visitor or delegation to state the business for which
he/she may wish to address concerning any item of interest on the planned agenda.
7. Reports of County Officials, Departments and Committees:
A. Loudon County Mayor – Doyle Arp1. Board Appointments
Loudon County Air Quality Task Force
Dr. Bud Guider
Loudon County Beer Board
2. Consideration of a Resolution to Affirm Compliance with Federal Title VI Regulations.
3. Consideration of a Resolution to Adopt the Strategic Economic Development Plan for Loudon County.
B. Loudon County Commissioner – Bob Franke
1. Consideration of a Proposal to Approve Continued Support Until the New Blount County Animal Shelter is Completed.
C. Loudon County Commissioner – Don Miller
1. Consideration of a Proposal to Approve Adoption of the State Approved Knox County Online Forum System for the Loudon County Commission.
2. Consideration of a Resolution to Adopt Appendix F of the International Residential Building Code for Radon Resistant New Construction in Loudon County.
D. Loudon County Budget Director - Tracy Blair
1. Consideration of a Recommendation to Approve Application and Acceptance of the Following FY 2009-2010 Grants:
a. Subcontract with ETHRA for Senior Citizens Center.
b. Subcontract with ETHRA for Workforce Investment.
c. State Department of Health for Wages and Benefits of Local Health Department Employees.
d. TDOT Litter Grant.
e. State Department of Environment and Conservation Tire Grant.
2. Consideration of a Recommendation to Renew Lease Agreement with American Red Cross.
E. Loudon County Commissioner - David Meers
1. Election of Bonds and Notaries
8.This is the time for any visitor or delegation to state the business for which he/she may wish to address concerning any item of interest not on the Agenda.