Highlight's - November 3rd Commission Agenda
By: Pat Hunter
Loudon County Commissioners will take up several important issues at Monday’s November 3rd, commission meeting. Commissioners will consider voting to increase litigation fees (taxes) for the little guy while they think about giving a corporation a tax break.
Meigs County Commissioners decided not to take action to increase the litigation tax because Meigs Commissioners thought that this is a bad economic time to increase the tax. This is not the time to ask people to pay more in taxes including litigation taxes. But, please don’t expect any sympathy from your Tax and Spend, Loudon County Commission. The circuit court clerk is having difficulty collecting fees so why impose higher litigation fees-taxes? Correction: Meigs County not McMinn County, did not take action on the litigation tax. According to the same new article, McMinn passed a 400% increase earlier this year.
Another item on the Loudon County agenda, Commission will consider giving a tax break for Industry X. Industry X has requested a tax break on some machinery and no new jobs are expected. Click to view INDUSTRY TAX BREAK information
Commissioners will review and approve a budget amendment that will take money from school maintenance for a school Board junket. The School Board voted out travel in June. Back then it was coming out of former school director Edward Headlee's budget. But at the Oct. 10th meeting, new school director Wayne Honeycutt, Bennie Simms and Board Chairman Leroy Tate proposed that the money come from the maintenance dept. instead of the budget of the superintendent's.
Please take the time to attend a meeting every once in a while and see your commissioners in action, its just your money that they are spending and wasting.
The agenda is listed below.
LOUDON COUNTY COMMISSION
November 03, 2008, Monday, 6:00 p.m.
Courthouse Annex, Loudon
1. Opening of Meeting, Pledge of Allegiance, Invocation
3. Adoption of Agenda – November 3, 2008
4. Reading and acceptance of October 06, 2008 minutes
5. This is the time for any visitor or a delegation to state the business for which he/she may wish to address concerning any item of interest on the planned agenda.
6. Reports of County Officials, Departments and Committees:
A. Loudon County Mayor – Doyle E. Arp
1. Consideration of Adopting a Resolution Approving the Appointment for the TRDA Board.
2. Consideration of Adopting a Resolution Approving the Appointment for the Buffer Study AD-HOC Committee.
3. Consideration of Adopting a Litigation Tax. (**To increase present litigation tax)
4. Consideration of Recommendation to Approve an Eagle Scout Project for a Walking Trail behind Animal Shelter – Leadership Service Project Workbook by Franklin Henley Baugh.
B. Loudon County Commissioners - Commissioner Duff, Commissioner Gardin and Commissioner Park
1. Rural Metro and Loudon County Fire Rescue.
C. Loudon County-Gordon Harless
1. Consideration of Recommendation to Approve the Tennessee Valley Regional Communication Interlocal Cooperation Agreement.
D. Loudon County Economic Development – Pat Phillips
1. Consideration of a Payment in Lieu of a Tax Program Expansion for a Local Industrial.
E. Loudon County Director of Budgets and Accounts – Tracy Blair
1. Consideration of Recommendation to Renew Lease Agreement with Red Cross.
2. Consideration of Recommendation to Pay the Total Assessment to LOGIC (an additional $5,581.34)
3. Consideration of Recommendation to approve Resolution Rescinding Resolution # 061107-F, “Resolution Appointing the Loudon County Road Superintendent to also Serve in the Capacity of the Loudon County Engineer”.
4. Consideration of Recommendation to Approve Application for Fiscal Year 2008-2009 Tobacco Grant.
5. Consideration of Recommendation to Approve Amendments in the Following Funds:
a. 101 General Fund
b. 141 General Purpose School
c. 142 School Federal Projects
d. 177 Education Capital Projects
(** NOTE: $10,000 Budget Amendment to take money from school maintenance dept. for School Board Travel for Nashville junket) Public Trust & Confidence
F. Purchasing Director - Leo Bradshaw
1. Consideration of Approval of a Postage Machine Upgrade for Session Court, 5 Year Lease.
G. Commissioner David Meers 1. Election of Bonds and Notaries.
7. This is the time for any visitor or a delegation to state the business for which he/she may wish to address concerning any item of interest not on the planned agenda.