Loudon County Commission will meet in Private Executive Session at 5:30 pm immediately preceding the Commission Meeting.
LOUDON COUNTY COMMISSION
December 5, 2011
6:00 pm Courthouse Annex
Mayor Herron will make a Presentation to the Loudon County Honor Guard.
1. Opening of Meeting, Pledge of Allegiance, Invocation
2. Roll Call
3. Adoption of the Agenda – December 5, 2011
4. Reading and Acceptance of November 7, 2011 Commission Meeting Minutes.
5. This is the time for any visitor or delegation to come forward and state the business for which he/she
may wish to address concerning any item of interest on the planned agenda.
6. Reports of County Officials, Departments and Committees:
A. Loudon County Mayor – Estelle Herron
1. Request Consideration of Approving a Request from the Court Appointed Special Advocacy Group to
Adopt this Program for Loudon County.
2. Request Consideration of Approving Appointments to the Following Boards/Committees:
a. Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors
b. Visitor’s Bureau Board
B. Loudon County Commissioner – David Meers
1. Consideration of Approval of the Mayor Sending a Letter to the Loudon County School Board Requesting Their Recommendations for
How to Best Utilize the Existing Greenback School Building Once the Students are Moved into the New School.
C. Loudon County Commissioner – Sharon Yarbrough
1. Review of the School Building program Financing
a. School Bond Resolution
b. Cost CT-0253
c. Report on Debt Obligation
D. Loudon County Budget Director – Tracy Blair
1. Consideration of a Request for Wage Increases for the Animal Shelter Employees.
2. Consideration of a Recommendation to Approve the Following Grant Applications:
a. $1,500.00 Technology Grant for Loudon Library; $1,500.00 Local Match Required.
b. $20,000.00 Equipment Grant for Sheriff’s Department From Firehouse Subs; No Match Required.
3. Consideration of a Recommendation to Approve Resolutions to Accept the Following Donations:
a. $305.00 to Construct a Firing Range for the Sheriff’s Department.
b. $5,200.00 to Project Lifesaver.
4. Consideration of a Recommendation to Approve Amendments in the Following Funds:
a. County General Fund 101
b. Public Library Fund 115
c. Highway Department Fund 131
d. General Purpose School Fund 141
e. School Federal Projects Fund 142
f. Education Capital Projects Fund 177
E. Loudon County Commissioner – Don Miller
1. Discussion/Consideration of Approval of the Loudon County Debt Management Policy.
F. Loudon County Commissioner - David Meers
1. Election of Bonds and Notaries
7. This is the time for any visitor or delegation to come forward and state the business for which
he/she may wish to address concerning any items not on the planned agenda.
CLICK TO SEE COMMISSION PACKET 71 PAGES PDF