LOUDON COUNTY COMMISSION
Monday, April 06, 2009
Courthouse Annex REGULAR MEETING
1. Opening of Meeting, Pledge of Allegiance, Invocation
3. Adoption of Agenda – April 6, 2009
4. Reading and acceptance of March 2, 2009 minutes
5. This is the time for any visitor or a delegation to state the business for which he/she may wish to address concerning any item of interest on the planned agenda.
6. Reports of County Officials, Departments and Committees:
1. Consideration of Approval of a Resolution of the Loudon County
Commission Adopting a Loudon County Roadway Abandonment Policy and Procedures.
B. Loudon County Mayor – Mayor Doyle E. Arp
1. Consideration of Adopting a Resolution Approving the Appointments for
the Loudon County Equalization Board.
2. Consideration of Adopting a Resolution Approving the Appointments for
the Loudon County Solid Waste Disposal Commission.
3. Consideration of Approval of a Resolution Approving Disclaimer of any Interest in Abandoned Roads on County Tax map 40, Parcel 164, Tax Map 48, Parcel 70 and Tax Map 48, Parcel 100.
4. Consideration of Approval for Acknowledgment of Receipt and
Understanding of the Family and Medical Leave Policy for Loudon
County Government updated March 2009 ("FMLA Policy").
C. Loudon County Commissioner – Don Miller
1. Discussion of School Building Program.
a. What can we fund without raising taxes?
D. Loudon County Director of Budgets and Accounts – Tracy Blair
1. Consideration of Recommendation to Approve Application to the U.S. Department of Justice for Byrne Grant (JAG) "Stimulus" funding, $32,063, with no matching funds.
2. Consideration of Recommendation to Approve Amendment to 98K Homeland Security Grant Contract increasing the award by $3,405 and extending the Contract period to May 31, 2009.
3. Consideration of Recommendation to Approve Homeland Security Grant Contract in the amount of $115,650, no matching funds, expiring June 30, 2011.
4. Consideration of Recommendation to contribute an additional $14,200 to the Planning Office for fiscal year 2008-2009.
5. Consideration of Recommendation to approve amendments and/or line adjustments in the following funds:
E. Commissioner David Meers
1. Election of Bonds and Notaries.
7. This is the time for any visitor or a delegation to state the business for which he/she may wish to address concerning any item of interest not on the planned agenda.