LOUDON COUNTY COMMISSION
September 4, 2012 (Tuesday)
6:00 pm, Courthouse Annex , Loudon
The Leadership, Loudon County Class of 2012 will be introduced to the Loudon County Commission.
1. Opening of Meeting, Pledge of Allegiance, Invocation
2. Roll Call
3. Election of Loudon County Commission Chairman and Chair Pro-Tempore for the September 2012 – August 2013 term.
A. Mayor Estelle Herron Requests
Nominations for the Election of the Loudon County Commission Chairperson for the September 2012- August 2013 term.
B. Chairman Requests Nominations for the Election of the Loudon County Commission Chair Pro-Tempore for the September 2012-August 2013 term.
4. Adoption of the Agenda – September 4, 2012
5. Reading and Acceptance of August 6, 2012 Commission Meeting Minutes.
6. This is the time for any visitor or delegation to come forward and state the business for which he/she may wish to address concerning any item of interest on the planned agenda.
7. Reports of County Officials, Departments and Committees:
A. Loudon County Mayor – Estelle Herron
1. Request Approval of the Following Changes to the Commission Meeting Dates for the Months of September and October 2012.
a. Cancellation of the September 17, 2012 Workshop Meeting.
b. Change the October 1, 2012 Meeting to a Workshop Meeting.
c. Change the October 15, 2012 Meeting to a Commission Meeting.
d. Addition of a Workshop Meeting on October 22, 2012
2. Request Consideration and Approval of the following Boards/ Committees Appointments:
a. Loudon County Agricultural Extension Committee
b. Loudon County Animal Control Advisory Committee
c. Loudon County Ethics Committee
d. Industrial Bond Board of Loudon County, Inc.
B. Loudon County Director of Schools – Jason Vance
1. Update Report on the Three Phase 1 Projects in the School Building Program.
C. Loudon County Budget Director – Tracy Blair
1. Consideration of a Recommendation to Approve an Application to Participate in the Pets for Patriots Program.
2. Consideration of a Reduction in Wages of the County Commissioners.
3. Consideration of a Recommendation to Approve a Resolution Regarding Retiree Contributions to Insurance.
4. Consideration of a Recommendation to Approve an Application to TDEC for a Used Oil Collection Equipment Grant; no matching funds.
5. Consideration of a Recommendation to Approve an Application to TDEC for a Hub and Spoke Grant; no matching funds.
6. Consideration of a Recommendation to Approve Application/Acceptance of a Recycling Center Rebate; dollar-for-dollar match required.
D. Loudon County Commissioner - David Meers
1. Election of Bonds and Notaries
8. This is the time for any visitor or delegation to come forward and state the business for which he/she may wish to address concerning any items not on the planned agenda.