THE HUNTER REPORT
LOUDON COUNTY COMMISSION AGENDA
September 3, 2013
Courthouse Annex, Loudon
(NOTE: MONDAY - SEPT. 2, 2013 HOLIDAY. COMMISSION WILL MEET ON SEPT. 3RD)
The Agenda Packet for the Loudon County Commission Meeting on September 3, 2013 has been posted on the Loudon County Government Website.
Click here for a direct link: http://loudoncounty-tn.gov/documentsAndForms/documents/CommissionMeetingDocuments/20130903_CommissionMeeting_Packet.pdf
If a document was posted in the preceding Workshop Packet and not changed since the Workshop it is not repeated in the Commission Meeting Packet.
If you do not find a document in the Commission Meeting Packet please look at the preceding Workshop Agenda Packet.
The Leadership, Loudon County Class of 2013 will be introduced to the Loudon County Commission.
1. Opening of Meeting, Pledge of Allegiance, Invocation
2. Roll Call
3. Election of Loudon County Commission Chairman and Chair Pro-Tempore for the September 2013 – August 2014 term.
A. Mayor Estelle Herron
Requests Nominations for the Election of the Loudon County Commission Chairperson for the September 2013-August 2014 term.
Requests Nominations for the Election of the Loudon County Commission Chair Pro-Tempore for the September 2013-August 2014 term.
4. Adoption of the Agenda – September 3, 2013
5. Reading and Acceptance of August 5, 2013 Commission Meeting Minutes.
6. This is the time for any visitor or delegation to come forward and state the business for which he/she may wish to address
concerning any item of interest on the planned agenda.
7. Reports of County Officials, Departments and Committees:
A. Loudon County Mayor – Estelle Herron
1. Request Consideration and Approval of the following Boards/Committees Appointments:
a. Loudon County Agricultural Extension Committee
b. Loudon County Animal Control Advisory Committee
c. Loudon County Ethics Committee
d. Industrial Bond Board of Loudon County, Inc.
2. Request Consideration of Whether or Not the County Should Assume Responsibility for the Riverview (Riverside) Cemetery and Place it into a Trusteeship.
Former 5th District County Commissioners Van Shaver & Jerry Parks attend Aug. commission workshop concerning Eaton Crossroads Club Property.
3. Request Consideration of Whether or Not the County Should Assume Responsibility for the Eaton Crossroads Ruritan Club Property
or Allow it to Revert to the Eaton Ruritan Club.
4. Request Consideration of How to Proceed With Solutions to the Following Space Utilization Issues Facing the County:
a. E-911 Center Disposal
b. Clean-Up of the Old House and the Three-Bay Garage
c. Disposal of Two County-owned Pods at the Elementary School
d. Clean-Up of the Tech Center
B. Loudon County Budget Director – Tracy Blair
1. Request Consideration of a Recommendation to Approve Amendments to the Following Funds:
a. County General Fund 101
b. General Purpose School Fund 141
2. Request Consideration of Distribution of Medical Loss Ratio Rebate.
3. Request Consideration of a Recommendation to Add COBRA Administration to BCBS Contract.
4. Request Consideration of a Recommendation to Approve an Increase in Medicare Advantage Plan Rates for 2014.
5. Request Consideration of a Recommendation to Approve Funding for Road Improvements on Highway 72 at Tellico Parkway; $15,060 Required in Local Matching.
6. Request Consideration of a Recommendation to Approve Funding for a Three-Year Road Improvement Project on Simpson Road; Total Required Local Match of $179,000 Divided Equally Between Loudon County and the City of Lenoir City.
7. Request Consideration of Approval to Accept the Byrne/JAG Law Enforcement Grant in the Amount of $15,000; 25% Matching Funds Provided from County Drug Fund 122.
C. Loudon County Commissioner - David Meers
1. Election of Bonds and Notaries
8. This is the time for any visitor or delegation to come forward and state the business for which he/she may wish to address
concerning any items not on the planned agenda.