THE HUNTER REPORT
LOUDON COUNTY COMMISSION
June 2, 2014 (Monday) 6:00 pm Courthouse Annex
1. Opening of Meeting, Pledge of Allegiance, Invocation
2. Roll Call
3. Adoption of the Agenda – June 2, 2014
4. Reading and Acceptance of May 5, 2014 Commission Meeting Minutes.
5. This is the time for any visitor or delegation to come forward and state the business for which he/she may wish to address concerning any item of interest on the planned agenda.
6. Charles Curtiss, Executive Director of the County Commissioner’s Association
A. Introduction to the Commission.
7. David Twiggs, Division Leader, CASA
A. Request Consideration and Approval of a Resolution Establishing a Victim’s Assistance Assessment Program for Loudon County.
8. Reports of County Officials, Departments and Committees:
A. Economic Development Agency Director, Pat Phillips
1. Request Consideration and Approval of a Mutual Agreement Between the Loudon County Commission and the Tellico Village Property Owner’s Association Regarding a Greenway Construction Project.
B. Loudon County Commissioner, Roy Bledsoe
1. Request Consideration and Approval of a Recommendation by the School Board for up to $29,000. to Crown the Loudon County
High School Football Field.
C. Loudon County Mayor, Estelle Herron
1. Request Consideration of Approval of the Following Boards/Committees Appointments:
a. Board of Zoning Appeals
b. Greenway/Walking Trail Study Committee
c. Loudon County Library Board
d. Regional Planning Commission
e. Roane State Maintenance and Operation Advisory Committee
f. TASS Board of Directors
g. TCCA Legislative Committee
D. County Road’s Commissioner, Eddie Simpson
1. Request Consideration of Approval of Allowing the County Road’s Commissioner,
in Concert with the County Sheriff’s Department, to Set the Speed Limit at 35 Miles
Per Hour on County Roads Where Not Otherwise Posted.
E. Loudon County Purchasing Director, Joan Lovelace
1. Request Consideration of a Recommendation to Approve the Employee’s Health Care Plan for the Fiscal Year Beginning July 1, 2014.
F. Loudon County Budget Director, Tracy Blair
1. Request Consideration of a Recommendation to Approve a Resolution to Amend
Resolution #062812-Y Which Established Shared Cost of Medical, Dental,
Vision and Life Insurance for Employees of the Loudon County Government.
2. Request Consideration of a Recommendation to Approve Application/ Acceptance of a
FY 2014-2015 DGA Grant with the State Department of Health for Wages and Benefits
of Loudon County Health Department Employees; $421,900.; No Matching Funds Required.
3. Request Consideration of a Recommendation to Approve Application/ Acceptance of a $12,500. Homeland Security Grant; FY 2014-2015 Budget; No Matching Funds Required.
4. Request Consideration of a Recommendation to Approve Amendments in the Following Funds:
a. County General Fund 101
b. Public Library Fund 115
c. Highway Department Fund 131
d. General Purpose School Fund 141
e. School Federal Projects Fund 142
f. General Debt Services Fund 151
g. General Capital Projects Fund 171
h. Education Capital Projects Fund 177
G. Loudon County Commissioner - David Meers
1. Election of Bonds and Notaries
9. This is the time for any visitor or delegation to come forward and state the business for which
he/she may wish to address concerning any items not on the planned agenda.